Why do I love my Fuji X-T1? Because Fuji is going to give me a new camera again! There will be a new Fuji X-T1 firmware 4.0 in late June 2015.
In December of 2014, Fuji released a major firmware update, version 3.0 that added a number of great features. This firmware update will give Fuji shooters an upgraded autofocus system with increased performance.
The new changes to the autofocus system will help shooters especially who want to shoot sports and wildlife which has been difficult with the current autofocus system. The wait through the month of June is going to be long until this firmware is released.
(1) New AF system with Zone and Wide/Tracking modes for effortless capture of moving subjects
(2) Improvement of AF accuracy – The built-in phase detection pixels have the detection range of 0.5EV, an improvement from the previous 2.5EV, delivering phase detection AF performance that enables fast focusing in low-light conditions and on low-contrast subjects.
(3) Eye Detection AF, which detects and focuses on human eyes
(4) Auto Macro mode
(5) AF improvement in the Movie mode
(1) Improved Shutter Speed Dial operation
(2) Exposure Compensation control in Manual.
(3) Finer lines on the framing grid enhances visibility
(4) Name of Silent mode changed to avoid confusion